Monday, August 30, 2021

Monday Morning Star Count - Leftovers and Week 16

I am cutting pieces for the house quilt and the pieces that are too small, I make into hexagons.  When I have six matching, I add a contrasting hexagon and make a block.  Eventually, when I get enough blocks, I will put them together. I don't like to waste anything.





Year five of the temperature quilt 

Week 16 

August 15 - 21 

70, 73, 75, 88, 95, 91, 90




I am reporting the high temperature each day.  My Year Five temperature/color scheme remains the same as previous years: 

100+ Brown 

90-99 Red 

80-89 Orange 

70-79 Yellow 

60-69 Green 

50-59 Blue 

40-49 Purple 

30-39 Pink 

20-29 White 


You can see my finished Year One Quilt here.

3 comments:

crazyQstitcher said...

A good way to use the left-overs and stitching ahead makes completing the quilt finish much faster. Love the cats.

Queeniepatch said...

Good to have prepared pieces ready for stitching. Did you make the cardboard hexagons yourself or did you buy them?

Leonore Winterer said...

Those 'leftover' blocks look great! Love the blue one with the dog especially.