Monday, August 23, 2021

Monday Morning Star Count - Year Two Backing and Week 15

Now that the Hexagon Tree Quilt is finished, I thought about working on another hexagon quilt. (I have a few more temperature quilts that need to be finished).  I pulled out all the leftover fabric from Year two,




and pieced it together for the backing. Some of it is hanging off the sides, so you can't see it all.  When I get around to quilting it, I will show it flat.  I already have the batting, but it has to be pieced and I don't have a big enough place on the floor right now. I live in a small apartment and will have to shuffle things around to make space. Stay tuned...



Year five of the temperature quilt 

Week 15 

August 8 - 14

90, 91, 102, 97, 88, 75, 75




I am reporting the high temperature each day.  My Year Five temperature/color scheme remains the same as previous years: 

100+ Brown 

90-99 Red 

80-89 Orange 

70-79 Yellow 

60-69 Green 

50-59 Blue 

40-49 Purple 

30-39 Pink 

20-29 White 


You can see my finished Year One Quilt here.

4 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I sure do know what you mean about space for laying things out. I used to take my work to our church and use the floor of the fellowship hall. If I went early before choir practice, I could get a lot done. Now, there is no choir and the church is mostly closed. The rice store lady has a big tatami room that I sometimes borrow. Even the floor where I sleep is only 3'x 6'. I use thinsulate for batting, so it has to be pieced. Have you ever bought batting in Japan?

kiwikid said...

Looking forward to seeing it together and quilted.

Queeniepatch said...

I agree with Julie, free open space is a often a problem in Japan.
You have made good use of your left over fabric.
It has been another HOT week.

Leonore Winterer said...

That pieced together back looks interesting! Looking forward to seeing the quilt finished.