Thursday, August 26, 2021

Nippon Kitchi

 A few days ago, Queenie told me about the Nippon Kitchi website. It is fascinating and has been consuming a great deal of my time this week.  If you are interested in Japan or anything Japanese, click on the link. The website says: ""Nippon-kichi" leads you to places, people and things that reveal a certain Japanese aesthetic." 


It is very easy to search locations or subjects from the sidebar -



I clicked on crafts and went through some of them.  I've checked out various prefectures.  You can also search by keyword, such as textiles. 


At the bottom of each article are keywords, so you can find other articles with similar topics.




There are 5445 articles, and all are short but with lots of information.  Check it out!

8 comments:

Jeanie said...

I'll have to tell Rick about this!

Vireya said...

That is a fascinating site! Full of all sorts of interesting snippets.

Queeniepatch said...

I am so glad you enjoyed it. It is full of treasures and I especially like that the articles are short.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The “NIPPON-Kichi”website. I'm Japanese
and I think I can enjoy it too.

I'm interested in letter.
In my daily life, I use “Hiragana”,
“Katakana”,“Kanji”,“Romaji”,and little
English.

My favorite is “Hiragana”. I think the
shape and pronunciation are beautiful.

jacaranda said...

A fascinating site, will definitely be reading it. I often read a blog on your reading list Pamela called Jigsaw Japan. Has given me places to visit on each of my trips to Japan.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful site.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'll have to take a look at that, thanks for sharing!