Saturday, October 2, 2021

The People's Choice - Leaves

 

Every month, on the first Saturday, Jo at Serendipidous Stitching hosts a Stitch A Long, with the topics chosen by her readers. This month's topic is Leaves.  I didn't think I had many things with leaves, but as it turned out, I did.



I made this Autumn Table Runner in 2014. 





The Floral Bouquet



The Japanese pattern in this sashiko bag is a hemp leaf (asa no ha).  It is often used for baby clothes in hopes that the baby will be strong like the hemp plant.



The Beady Panda has some leaf beads.



This piece was called Bountiful Harvest and has many small leaves on it.



Oak leaves are on this biscornu.



Living in a Crazy World is a crazy quilt birdhouse in a tree with leaves.



The Beaded Birdhouse has leaves on the tree and in the window box and on the ground.






Hokkaido has Four Seasons




Japan Has Four Seasons


10 comments:

diamondc said...

Pam: The year has flown by so fast seeing the beautiful colors on the trees is a treat but here in Minnesota what follows is not what I like, snow and cold.
You are a very talented Lady with all the lovely items you are showing us.

Catherine

DUTA said...

All displayed items with leaves are beautiful and show your great skill.

Queeniepatch said...

You have worked leave in so many form on so many items.

Vireya said...

Lots of leaves once you went looking for them! I love those hanging birdhouses, it is nice to see them again.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Very pretty projects. I love the asanoha pattern.

crazyQstitcher said...

All so beautiful. It's lovely to see 3 dimensional flowers on on a quilt. I have a smile on my face after seeing all the leaf projects- it could be a permanent one now.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. Love all the different crafts you have shown us. The Four Seasons pieces are particularly beautiful.

jocondine said...

Wonderful table runner with those colored leaves (very great cutting). I love too the 4 seasons tree, great effect with what I think are Daisy stitches. Amicalement. xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

So many great leaf-y projects!

Jeanie said...

You aced that challenge! I love that last tree piece and the table runner -- a reminder to get mine out!