Saturday, October 16, 2021

Do You Have a Hussif?

If you like crazy quilting or sewing kits or just looking at beautiful things, please check out What is a Hussif? on Sharon B's Pintangle blog. 


I followed along with her TAST (Take a Stitch Tuesday) posts for a long time and have quite a few posts I can look back on when I need something. Here


But, back to the hussif. In 2014, Sharon held a hussif challenge on her blog, so of course, I had to join in. 




Here is a link to my post about the finish, showing how the insides work. This post shows some of patchwork and the stitches I used. 


When I moved here and the stitch group started, they each needed a hussif, so we made them. 





Do you have a hussif of any type? We would love to see it.  Put a link in the comments if you can.  Do you want/need one? I hope this post can inspire you. You really need to check out Pintangle!

7 comments:

Vireya said...

I do have one, but it is not at all pretty. It is khaki coloured, and purely functional. It was issued to my father at some point in his Air Force career - maybe when he joined up? - so he could sew on buttons or make other small repairs.

kiwikid said...

I made one a few years ago, plain from Batik scraps, nothing like the beautiful creations you and your group have made, I take it to sewing group with me to keep my needle and scissors safe.

diamondc said...

I do have one I bought many years ago.
These are beautiful.

Catherine

Queeniepatch said...

Is it really 7 years since you made this 'jewel' case? I say jewel case because the Hussif really is a gem!
You mentioned in your WIP post that you might change things around once you started using it. Have you? Or are you still pleased with the placement of all the pockets?

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Wow, this was really interesting to see and I'm so impressed by the beauty and complexity of your 'hussif'. It's genius to include those plastic rings for embroidery thread. And you found such a clever way to incorporate (and change out) plastic baggies. For on-the-go sewing I use a combination of a little needle book, and one or two pouches, depending on what it is I'm working on.

jacaranda said...

Over the years I have made a couple, not as beautiful as yours. These days my basic sewing kit is stored in a small tin or a plastic zip lock bag.

Leonore Winterer said...

I don't my stuff is scattered all over...but this is giving me ideas!