Sunday, January 2, 2022

Chiba Castle

On December 18th, I took the train to Hon-chiba station and visited Chiba Castle. Once again, I started early for my train trip.



The castle is just a short walk from the train station.



It's located in a park area and there is no admission fee. I was the only person visiting at the time.





The top floor is a look out, but the safety wire made it hard to see.



The other floors were set up as a local museum. It was interesting but not the usual castle history.
















It was a nice day to visit a castle.

5 comments:

Vireya said...

It seems quite amazing to see such a place without any other visitors!

I'm curious what someone would sit on to use the treadle machine in the 2nd room. Perhaps they would bring a chair from the 1st room. (I realise these are just display rooms, but I'm still wondering what sort of chair/stool they might have used that wouldn't damage the tatami floor).

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

What a beautiful castle in the sunshine, and it is nice that they allowed for photographs inside.

Jeanie said...

It looks like a perfect day -- and a glorious castle. It's beautiful -- inside and out. I think your holiday sounds absolutely wonderful!

Queeniepatch said...

I agree, a strange mix of things on display., but swords and sword blades are often seen in castles.
Such a beautiful day, that blue sky is a perfect backdrop for a white castle.

Leonore Winterer said...

Japanese castles are interesting, very different from our European ones! And this one is really pretty.