Friday, May 5, 2023

Friday Finish - Beaded Bracelet

I made this bracelet for someone else who wanted to be able to pull it on and off without a clasp.  I connected the two ends with a piece of elastic.





Today is the national holiday "Children's Day".  The purpose of the day is to celebrate the personalities and happiness of children.  It was first designated as a national holiday in 1948, but has been celebrated in Japan since ancient times. One of the customs for the day is to hang flying fish, called koinobori or carp streamers.  I saw this display at a park near where I live.


4 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

The three last days we've had glorious weather and the carp streamers have been so beautiful against the blue sky.

Queeniepatch said...

I forgot to comment on the bracelet. It is a colourful and simple striped design so the 'clasps' with the clock face design stand out. You found a smart way to join the bracelet's ends with elastic. I am sure it will be a cherished gift.

Toki said...

I think it's a very good way to connect both ends of the bracelet with rubber.
Easy to put on and take off.😄
Ever since I had a dream of being swallowed by carp streamers when I was little, I've been afraid of carp streamers.🎏😭
But as an adult, I do have a desire for the growth of children.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great idea with the elastic! I love seeing the carp streamers, they are pretty.