Thursday, May 25, 2023

Throwback Thursday 5/25

I haven't done one of these in a while. Throwback Thursday is about looking back on what I wrote each year on this date.  The year links to the actual post. 


2022   - A year ago was a Work In Progress Wednesday post and I was working on the Paisley Purse and the Ukrainian pin cushion.




2021  - Baby panda Fuhin was six months old.



2020  This was a Monday Morning Star Count post.  I made some gift bags and made the third week of the fourth year of the temperature quilt.






2019  My friend and I went out for a sushi lunch at a restaurant she knew about.




2018  - This was a link up post for the Smalls SAL. I finished a snowman ornament.



2017  - I posted a couple of pictures about the birds I saw in the stream near my apartment.


2016  - This was a Work In Progress Wednesday post and I was working on the pink block of a crazy quilt piece.




2015  - This post was about my finished sewing machine cover. This is one of my favorite pieces.






2014   - I was working on a blackwork alphabet project that year.




2013  -  This post was about a stitching magazine I received in the mail from Margaret, a bigger garden, and an aikido photo.



2012 - This was a post with four topics - An elderly man hit a boy on a bicycle near where I lived in Hokkaido, cherry soft serve ice cream, an earthquake that I slept through, and the start of the garden.



It's fun to look back from time to time.  I am thankful for the wonderful life I have in Japan.

6 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

This post proves the benefit of making a DAILY blog post! It is nice to look back on. I remember some of these things, too!

Leonore Winterer said...

I like this kind of posts. So many adventures since you've come to Japan! Does Ted still tend that garden in Hokkaido, I wonder?

diamondc said...

Hello Pamela: What a great idea a throw back does bring back many memories, you were busy, I love the sewing machine cover, all your sewing and stitching are lovely.
The photo of the Panda hugging mom is adorable.
Catherine

Toki said...

The history of many works and experiences since you came to Japan.
I respect your spirit of challenge, your ability to take action, and your willingness to learn.😊

Lianne said...

What happened to Ted? Does he still live in Japan?

Pamela said...

Lianne,
You are a no-reply commenter, so I can't send a message to you directly. Ted is still in Japan, teaching English and enjoying life.