Sunday, May 7, 2023

Mt. Fuji World Heritage Center

On Thursday, I took the train to see the Mt. Fuji World Heritage Center and it is a great place to visit!  It's located in Fujinomiya, Shizuoka and I have visited several times before - in 2018, in 2019, and in 2020.





The entrance cost is only 300 yen. It was kind of funny, when I was paying, the person taking my money asked me in English where I had come from.  I answered that I live here in Shizuoka.  She said "Welcome to Japan." I guess that is her standard response to any foreigner. 


The inside is a spiral walkway going up, as if climbing Mt. Fuji. There are projections on the wall, showing what the walk looks like as you climb. There are also things at different levels about Mt. Fuji, including a theater with a short film about Mt. Fuji.






At the top level is a lookout to see Mt. Fuji.  It was a gorgeous day and the clouds surrounding the highest mountain in Japan made it look like it was floating on clouds. These are just a few of the many pictures I took!







I stopped and looked at the different levels and displays.



At this level was a hands on writing opportunity with a couple of families and another great view of the mountain there.




The building is wonderfully constructed.








I could visit this place again and again!

5 comments:

SUWA said...

You are always good guesser!
I love this center.
Thank you, beautiful pictures.I will visit the place again and again, too.

Vireya said...

Wow, that looks wonderful! The mountain is so beautiful emerging from the clouds. You had a perfect day for the visit.

Queeniepatch said...

This is a fantastic building - ALMOST as fine as Mt Fuji herself!

Jeanie said...

This is a spot I would love to visit. I just did a painting with Mt. Fuji in the background from our trip to Japan, but we never got close and certainly never found this. It's wonderful!

Leonore Winterer said...

I get why you keep coming back to this place. It's gorgeous!