Sunday, January 7, 2024

Friends, Fish, and the Waterbus

At the end of the year (2023), two of my friends came to my town and I met them at the train station. First we checked out a new shopping area. From the top level, there is a nice view of the port area and Mt. Fuji.






We had lunch at a fresh fish place that had about eight counter seats and one employee. I had fresh tuna marinated in soy sauce over rice. It came with miso soup and green tea and was 1080 yen.



After lunch, we took the water bus to the fresh fish market.  This was the first time I had ridden the waterbus and it was fun.






My friends bought some fish to eat for the new year holiday, and then it was time for them to return by train to their homes. I'm glad we had the chance to spend some time together over the holidays.

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad you could spend time with friends. What a great view of Fuji and the fish restaurant looks like a terrific spot!

Queeniepatch said...

I can see you had a good day, with sunshine, tuna domburi and good company.

Toki said...

Did you go the Kashinoichi? This tuna bowl looks very delicious.
I didn't know about water buses. I'm glad you had a great day with your friends.😊

Leonore Winterer said...

What a great view! You were really lucky with the weather for your excursion.