Sunday, January 14, 2024

Port of Nagoya Aquarium

I traveled by train and subway to visit the Port of Nagoya Aquarium. My entrance ticket was 2030 yen.  Those who are 65 and older only have to pay 1010 yen!


Being a well known tourist spot, I was surprised that all of the information/explanation was only in Japanese. I started in the North Building.














There were a lot of models to show how large the animals are.



At this level, the viewing area is below the water.




The next floor was the outdoor stadium viewing area.







Next, I followed the arrows to the South Building.







I think this was called a sardine tornado.



This was a little archway, with the aquarium around the walk through area.




Big fish stayed still, but the small blue fish swam around and through the big fish's mouth.

















The penguins were very popular.




The jellyfish were one of my favorite things there.




It was a crowded place, so I was ready to leave at that point. It was good to go once, but probably not a place I will go again.

6 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Aquariums are usually very impressive in Japan. There are many of them, too, so I hope you will visit others and that there is more information in English (and other foreign languages).
I have never tried scuba diving, but this must be the second best thing to 'be with' the fish in the sea.

roughterrain crane said...

I love watching fishes swimming freely.

Linda Schiffer said...

I love visiting aquariums! We have a very nice one here in Baltimore (Maryland, USA) near where I live. I have not visited in some time - maybe I should go soon.

:) Linda

Toki said...

I like aquarium.🐠I like to stare at the stationary fish you find. Jellyfish too.


Jeanie said...

I love aquarium and this one looks like a very good one. Your photos are terrific!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, what an amazing selection of animals! Personally I don't think dolphins and whales should be kept in captivity like this, but it still must be impressive to see them from up close.