Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Stitch Group Sunday

I love my stitch group friends.  They are so good to me!  


First, Show and Tell.  Our newest member was not with us when we made the crazy quilt hussifs.  She has been working on her own to make this beautiful hussif.






Before we started working on our current project we did some junbi (preparation) to get ready for the next project, a draw string bag. Here is my practice piece, front and back.




Each person chose her fabric and embellishments and put it all in a ziplock bag to be ready for next time.





On to the current project, the Japanese hangings or table runners...





And, tea time...




Finally, deciding on a date for our next get together.



And, two gifts I received - a panda for my zipper, and a fold up eco bag all the way from France!





Until next time!

7 comments:

DUTA said...

I like the girl with the mask. Covid is not gone.

Lin said...

Beautiful hussif and I love the drawstring bag. Monoprix is a department store in case you didn't know. xx

Queeniepatch said...

Such beautiful crazy quilting projects.
I believe you are served more and more sweets for every meeting you have! You also got som charming presents.

Jeanie said...

I love to see you all working closely together, busy with your project, then sharing food. That drawstring bag is wonderful.

Vireya said...

Looks like another happy day of sewing and friendship. The panda zipper pull is too cute! Will you put it on a garment, or a bag?

Leonore Winterer said...

I can't wait to see your next projects!

Toki said...

A new person has joined your group.
Looks like it's going to be even more lively.😊
I think it's a good project for the group to cut up Kimonos and display them on the wall, which is an experience that you don't usually get to have.
The present I received from France is so cute.😆