Sunday, August 11, 2024

Yokohama Chinatown

After leaving the Silk Museum, I walked around Chinatown. According to Wikipedia, Yokohama Chinatown is about 160 years old with a population of about 3,000 to 4,000, with about 250 Chinese owned or themed shops in the district.






There were quite a few fortune telling type places.



A lot of restaurants.



I saw many pandas for sale, but I did not add any to my collection.



The gates are very large and interesting.












The Police Box


3 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

It's a very popular place and I feel quite authentic. I bought my Chinese tangerine pin cushion there. It has a core of polystyrene which is good for Drizzle Stitch where the needle needs to stand up.

Jeanie said...

It sounds like you had a really fantastic day. What a grand time you've been having on this trip!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow! Other China Towns I've been to just looked like a mix of everything Asian, but I guess in Japan it will really be just Chinese. What a cool place to visit.