Saturday, August 24, 2024

Daitsu-ji (Lotus Temple), Lunch, and Coffee

I met three Fuji City friends at the Fuji train station for a day adventure. First we went to Daitsu-ji. When we got out of the car, I thought the temple looked familiar. As we looked around, I remembered I had been there years ago with two of the three friends I was with that day! They didn't remember, so I pulled out my iPad and found it on my blog from August 2016. 


Part I of the 2016 adventure.


Part II of the day, including the Lotus Temple. We could hardly believe how much sight seeing we did in one day, or how young we were then!


Us in summer 2016 - - -



Back to the present - - -


Even though it was beyond prime lotus season, it was still a beautiful place.
















Next, we had lunch at a vegetarian restaurant named Lotus Land, but it was not connected to the temple or even nearby the temple.  It was fabulous!  We all ordered the same thing - the Lotus plate, which cost only 700 yen each. It is a very popular place and we had to wait a bit for our table, but it was well worth it. I would love to come to this restaurant again!



This was the view from our table - - -





Next, we went to the Venus Cafe for iced coffee with a scoop of ice cream. It's an ecclectic, interesting looking place. We enjoyed our dessert and talking. I would like to go to this restaurant again. With these same friends, of course!







We are planning our next get together in September and I am already looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

This is a beautiful place. The lotus blooms are particularly lovely. I think anyone would love that restaurant. Your food looks delicious!

Queeniepatch said...

You had a wonderful day with your friends. However, it does look hot!

Leonore Winterer said...

With how many temples you visit, it's no wonder you visited one twice without noticing! But it looks like the place is so beautiful, it's still worth going again.