Thursday, August 1, 2024

The National Museum of Western Art

One day last week, I took the train to Tokyo to visit some museums in Ueno Park. It was a very hot day, so I was happy to ride air conditioned trains and enjoy the air conditioned museums in Ueno Park, a short walk from the train station. 


The museum is open 9:30 am - 5:30 pm (closing at 8:00 pm on Friday and Saturday) and adult admission is 500 yen.



Most art museums don't allow photos, but photos were allowed in this one. There is a wide variety of artwork at this museum. Of course, I didn't take pictures of every piece of art, but I did take some of the ones I liked best.






























I took this photo to show the museum wasn't crowded.

































So, what do you think of my choices?

4 comments:

kiwikid said...

Nice place to visit.

Queeniepatch said...

You have shown us a good collection of artwork. Many of these painters are famous and we have seen their paintings in the form of postcards or picture books, posters or teacups etc. It is always fantastic to stand in front of an original painting and see the real colours, paint strokes and movements. I am glad the museum allowed photography and that you shared the pictures with us.
I am glad the museum wasn't crowded.

Jeanie said...

I like your choices! This looks like a terrific museum. I'm with you on the impressionists -- I like Renoir, Monet, and Degas too and I'm very fond of that portrait of the young girl near the top.

Leonore Winterer said...

What an eclectic collection of art!