Friday, March 23, 2012

Trash or Treasure?

Last week on Non-Burnable Trash Day, I found these two things in the trash cage:



I plugged in the sewing machine and it runs.  I need to get some new needles and bobbins and see how well it works.  So far, it looks promising.

The artist kit is brand new.  None of the crayons, pencils, markers, paints, or anything else in the kit have been used.  On top of that it all comes in a nice carry case.

I can’t imagine why anyone put these two things out as trash. They are my new treasures.


1 comment:

"Living in Sapporo" said...

It must be a Hokkaido thing. But since we moved to Sapporo a few weeks ago from Tokyo..my partner Tina has with great velocity become a sewing person (can one say 'sewer'? Sounds rude.)

"Living in Sapporo"
http://sakebenson.tumblr.com/