Friday, March 18, 2022

Night Time Quake

 


You never know when the next earthquake will happen. It is just over eleven years from the big earthquake and tsunami on March 11, 2011. 


This screen shot is of the one that occurred close to midnight Wednesday night.  The shaking woke me up but there was no damage where I am. I live in the dark blue (3) area. I read that at least four people died and many more were injured. A bullet train with about 100 passengers derailed and there were no injuries. Japan Today reported 2.2 million households had power knocked out. 


I think this earthquake is a reminder to do the things you want to do while you still can. The next one could be worse.

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

I thought of you when I read this and hoped it was far away from you. Still, any quake is too close for comfort. I'm glad there is no damage to you or your home. And that you are safe. You're right -- the next can be worse.

Vireya said...

That one did get a mention in the news here, amongst all the war and flood and pandemic stories.

Queeniepatch said...

I'm in the pale yellow area (4) and it shook a lot. I can not imagine how terrible it must have been near the epicentre indicated in dark red.
Yes, you are right, we have to prepare and enjoy life as long as we can.

diamondc said...

Pamela: I am happy you are safe but sad some lost their lives.
I hope you have no more earthquakes.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

And close to Fukushima yet again - eek! Glad to know you are safe.