Tuesday, March 29, 2022

The Tokyo Quilt Show

Sunday, I took the train to Tokyo to meet with friends and to attend the Tokyo Quilt Show. This is not the Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival, that I attended for years.  The pandemic was the end of that Festival.  The Tokyo Quilt Show was a small show with an expensive entry fee and was quite a disappointment really. I guess I have been spoiled by the big shows.


There was one room of quilts, plus some quilts hanging in the hallway.  I had already seen quite a few of the quilts at other shows, plus photos were not allowed to be taken of the competition quilts in the center of the room. The good thing about the day was meeting with Queenie and Julie, who blog at Queenie's Needlework and My Quilt Diary. Also, it was not crowded and everyone wore masks, so it seemed pretty safe.


These were the winning quilts.





Along the right side of the room were boxed displays of some previously exhibited quilts, maybe of quilting teachers.  You may recognize some of these quilts if you attended other shows or saw my posts from the Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival or the Yokohama Quilt Show.




























There were some hula dances as entertainment.






In the hallway were some nice quilts. I don't know why these could be photographed but not the others.
















We hope to get together again soon.  Maybe the Yokohama Show will be back in November.

10 comments:

kiwikid said...

Wonderful to meet your friends at the show, lots of beautiful quilts there.

Vireya said...

There are some fantastic quilts on display! Perhaps you are spoiled by big shows, but I don't think I have even been to a quilt show with as many amazing quilts as in your photos.
Meeting up with friends again must have been a joy.

diamondc said...

Pamela: What a stunning show of quilts, thank-you for sharing with us.

Catherine

Lin said...

What a lot of stunning quilts. I do love the one that got first prize. xx

Toki said...

It can't be helped compared to a big show. But you can see that you were disappointed by looking at the picture.

I have been to that place.
It should be possible to enhance the exhibition there.
looking at the pictures,I noticed that the passage was wide. Infection control?

I'm glad you met my friends.😊

roughterrain crane said...

Thanks for sharing a great variety of beautiful quilts.

Jeanie said...

Wow. I'm sure there were many fabulous contenders but no arguments with the winners you shared here. They are gorgeous and so diverse. Thanks, Pamela. These are all wonderful.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures - how did you manage to take so many? I missed a lot!
Yes, it was a disappointment that we were not able to take pictures of all the quilts, and the price was a bit steep.
It was lovely meeting you all and I look forward to doing so again in Yokohama in November.

FlashinScissors said...

So lovely you and your friends were able to go to the show! I’m glad to see you all wearing masks.
I’m not going out much and haven’t done so for the last couple of years especially after my cancer. Still not sure how safe it is!
Such beautiful quilts, lovely seeing your photos of them.
Barbara x

Leonore Winterer said...

These quilts are stunning, but it's sad the show as a whole was so disappointing.