Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Work In Progress Wednesday

This week I have been working on the hand quilting of year two of the temperature quilt and Puppy Love.  I am close to finishing the cross stitch, then will do the backstitching/outlining.  



As I have written about before, the legs are quite confusing. There appear to be be two legs, plus a shadow of another leg. Is there supposed to be a leg hiding behind the puppy?  The placement of the legs present do not seem to be able to hold up the girls, even if there were four legs.  Here is the photo from the kit.





It is a strange mystery. I'm not planning to change or "fix" anything and will continue with it as charted, but it is strange.

6 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Pamela: Nice progress, I can understand the leg problem, I had that
in a design once many years ago.

Catherine

Vireya said...

It is strange. It is one of those things where the more you think about it, the stranger it looks.

Jeanie said...

That back leg is a little odd. Sort of fat -- maybe he's fluffy!

Queeniepatch said...

The missing leg makes this piece interesting! I wonder how Anchor, such a famous brand, could have missed this mistake. I admire your perseverance; I would probably have given up working on it.

Anonymous said...

It's a very cute design.
And you embroidery is perfect.
But the balance of the positions of the girls’feet is very difficult to understand.
That is very disappointing.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'd be tempted to adjust the chart for the missing leg! It's weird because it looks like the leg on the bigger girl is a left leg, and I have no idea where a right leg would hide on her.