Thursday, March 3, 2022

Hina Matsuri

Today is Hina Matsuri, also known as Girl's Day or Doll's Festival.  It is not a national holiday, but it is widely celebrated. 


These are my Hina displays.  Simple and perfect for me!  



A couple of years ago I visited Kyoto for the Hina Matsuri at Shimogamo Shrine, which is one of the two oldest and most important shrines in Kyoto. It was before the pandemic and people crowded together to be able to see the live Hina dolls.




Another year, I visited Izu-Inatori for Hina Matsuri and saw two shrine displays with thousands of dolls.





Cute sweets are part of the celebration.  These sweets were a gift from two of my English students in Hokkaido.



I hope you enjoy the day, whatever you do!

6 comments:

Vireya said...

Happy Girl's Day!

roughterrain crane said...

Happy Hinamatsuri!
Your hina sweets are wonderful.

Queeniepatch said...

I will celebrate the day with some special sweets. I will end the day with packing away my Hina displays for next year.

Jeanie said...

So spectacular! And the dolls are really beautiful. I love your own private display as well. Happy Girls Day!

Anonymous said...

I like your Hina displays.🎎
Deer cushions are also good.
Small and super cute.😸

Leonore Winterer said...

It feels strange seeing those pictures of people crowded together before the pandemic now, doesn't it? Hope you had a great day!