Sunday, February 26, 2023

Mister Donut


Mister Donut is a popular place in Japan to get a cup of coffee and a donut and some locations sell other food items. I haven't been to one since before the start of the pandemic but one thing I liked about them was the free second cup of coffee. It is an American type place that Japanese seem to like.  It was originally founded in the United States in 1955, then expanded into Japan in the 1980's.


I was surprised to find out there is only one Mister Donut restaurant left in the United States and it is in Godfrey, Illinois, not far from where I grew up! Apparently Dunkin' Donuts aquired the US Mister Donut in 1990, and most franchises changed their names to Dunkin' Donuts at that time. 


Have you ever had a donut or coffee at Mister Donut in Japan or anywhere else?

2 comments:

Toki said...

when I was student, I often
went there with my friends. Even as an adult, I go there occasionally, but I often take out and eat at home.
It's nice to have free refills of coffee.
I like simple old-fashioned donuts best.After reading your blog, I wanted to eat it for the first time in a long time.🍩

Leonore Winterer said...

I've never been at a Mr Donuts - I don't think we got them here. We do have Dunkin Donuts though!