Sunday, February 19, 2023

Okinawa - Eating and Sleeping

I stayed in one hotel near Nago the first four nights, then moved to an apartment hotel in Naha for the last ten nights. 


The first hotel stay included breakfast, and this was the view from the dining room.




I could walk on the beach and I picked up some shells along the way.






This was one restaurant where I ate dinner. There was only one other couple with a baby who were eating when I was there.




This was my favorite restaurant in Naha on previous trips, but unfortunately, it was closed.  It is located near Shuri Castle. After the castle burned and then the pandemic and no tourists, it couldn’t continue. A real shame! You can see this restaurant and the Estinate Hotel breakfast here.




When I found my favorite restaurant closed, I chose an Indian restaurant for a curry lunch instead. There were no other customers, so I didn't mind removing my mask.








On several previous trips to Naha (including the trip when I broke my arm), I stayed at the Estinate Hotel.  Even though I wasn't staying there this trip, I did go for a late breakfast one day. This dutch pancake comes to the table in a very hot skillet.



This soy sauce flavored squid snack from the convenience store was good. Sometimes the weirdest looking things turn out to be the best.



My second hotel room had a kitchen and appliances and dishes and a table, so I could shop at Max Value grocery and eat in the room. No photos of that.

6 comments:

Vireya said...

It's a shame your favourite restaurant was closed, but it looks like you had some yummy meals during your holiday anyway.

roughterrain crane said...

There were many tourist in Okinawa before Covid-19. It would be a quite rare chance to hear the natural sounds in Okinawa.

Queeniepatch said...

What a wonderful view with your breakfast!

Toki said...

I also want to do a 14-day trip someday.
I also like squid snacks.

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad you shared these. What a view from that dining room! And your food looks delicious. I'd love just being able to walk onto the beach but sorry about your fave restaurant.

Leonore Winterer said...

I always get hungry seeing posts like this!