Monday, February 27, 2023

Kasuisai Hina Matsuri

Yesterday was a warm sunny day. I took the train to Fukuroi City to see the Hina dolls at the Kasuisai Temple


This display was at the Fukuroi train station.



The walk from the train station to the temple was almost an hour, so I looked around as I walked. I don't know what Pop Food is. Regular gas is 164 yen/liter.  I don't drive, so I don't usually pay attention to gas prices.



Finally, I got to the entrance of the Kasuisai Temple. This is a popular place for the Hina Matsuri or Girl's Festival.



There were lots of Festival Food stands, but I passed on all of it.




There are many stairs and many buildings at this temple.




On each step there are dolls and accessories. The details are amazing.










Cute little girls in kimonos with their families were everywhere.



The higher I climbed, the fewer people I saw.






All temples seem to have these things.









Looking down on the buildings.



This was some kind of cave temple.  I looked in but didn't go inside.








This is looking down on all the dolls on the steps.




This was a poster of a building in the temple area that I had planned to visit, but when I got there, there were so many people.  I really try to avoid crowds, so I decided not to go in. I'm sure it was amazing to see so many hina dolls, but I want to stay healthy, so I passed it by.



I'm glad I visited the temple.  It was a gorgeous place and I got to walk and visit a place I've never been.  It was a good day.

7 comments:

Vireya said...

I love all the tiny furniture pieces for the dolls!

It's good the weather was nice for an outdoor display and for the walk to the temple.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

What a beautiful sunny day (that blue sky!) for your outing and so many charming dolls and things to see.

Toki said...

I was surprised that you walked from the station to Kasuisai.😵You are a challenger.
About the photo cave.
There is an anecdote that once upon a time, Tokugawa Ieyasu, the first shogun of the Edo Shogunate, hid in this cave to save his life when he was attacked by an enemy.

roughterrain crane said...

It's breathtaking to see so many Hina dolls.
Cycad trunks are quite big!

Jeanie said...

This would be such a fun event. I love the dolls -- they're really beautiful, so nicely detailed. And all the other images make me want to visit, too!

Queeniepatch said...

A fantastic place.
What do they do at night with the dolls that are exhibited outside? Leave them? Cover them up? Take them inside? The organisers are lucky winter in Shizuoka is so clear and dry.

Leonore Winterer said...

All these dolls are so pretty to look at! Looks like every one had a great time, enjoying themselves in the nice weather.