Friday, September 24, 2021

Friday Finish - Midnight Mystery Quilt

I'm not really a quilter, but sometimes I like to play one on this blog. I'm not very good at measuring or cutting or sewing accurately, so things frequently don't line up quite right.  That's the way life is. 





Anyway, this is my finished Midnight Mystery Quilt. The quilt was designed by Cheryl Brickey from Meadow Mist Designs as a mystery quilt-a-long beginning in summer 2015. The instructions are good and are still available on her blog here. The instructions were posted each month and I kept up for a while.  I wanted to get back to it, but somehow other projects popped up. In 2017, I finished the quilt top, and again it waited.  Well, finally, I finished hand quilting it. It's not perfect (see first paragraph above), but I'm pretty happy with it. I think the finished dimensions are about 72"x72". Here it is, front and back, on my laundry pole.






Here are a couple of closer photos of the backing cat fabrics.







The final photo is the quilt draped across the chair.

8 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Pamela: This is a beautiful quilt, the backing is adorable, I love cats.

Catherine

Vireya said...

Congratulations on getting it done! So nice to be able to cross something off the list that has been there for a while. Soon your weather should start cooling down and your lovely new quilt can be keeping you warm.

Julie Fukuda said...

I have only done one mystery quilt, as the instructions were all by machine. With no space to set up a machine, it ended in a box with the additional issues as they came in. By the time, almost 10 years later, I had a week with access to the diningroom table I was able to finish the top. The cats on that quilt were appliqued over all the mistakes of tiny tucks or corners that didn't quite meet.

Anonymous said...

The“Midnight Mystery Quite”that started 2015 has finally been completed. Large enough to hide all the laundry Poles! Moreover,it is Hans-sewing!! The cats on the lining can also play a role. pretty. Congratulations on Pamela’s Completion.😂
As a side note. I end up making accessories as I like. But I like the time-consuming work.

crazyQstitcher said...

How good you stayed to the finish line. You must feel pleased. I like your design very much - those vibrant blues really set off the design.

Jeanie said...

It's really pretty, Pamela, and quite an accomplishment! Well done! (love all the fabrics!)

Leonore Winterer said...

Your finished quilts always end up looking very comfy, and I think that's more important than being perfect in any other regard!

kiwikid said...

Well done on the finish, your quilt is wonderful. Always great to tick, something off the to do list.