Saturday, September 4, 2021

The People's Choice - Sewing

 



Every month, on the first Saturday, Jo at Serendipidous Stitching hosts a Stitch A Long, with the topics chosen by her readers. This month's topic is Sewing. 


I sew as well as stitch, sometimes both in the same project, so I have tried to post the sewing only projects. The title links will take you to the original post about the finish, with more pictures.


The Hexagon Tree Quilt





The Button Bag has some cross stitch, but mostly sewing. 





The Matching Set (drawstring bag, tissue box cover, and chopstitck carriers) use the same yukata fabric as the button bag above.  

























































8 comments:

Vireya said...

Great collection of sewing projects! I don't know if I have ever seen your sewing machine cover before, but I love it.

Jeanie said...

I adore your temperature quilts but the Christmas tree one is so fun and the cathedral window table runner too. What a fun post. I love your sewing projects!

Anonymous said...

Everything is nice.
“The Cathedral windows table Runner”is
just like the stained glass of the church.
I like “Travel Jewelry holder”.It seem
that It can be used by hanging it on a
hanger,and the color combination is also wonderful.

Queeniepatch said...

Of all these beautiful sewing projects it is hard to pick a favourite, I guess it will have to be the Cathedral Windows and Yo-yo shawl...
I also guess that your hexagon creations are all sewn by hand. Have you ever tried making a hexagon quilt by machine? I have seen it on TV and on YouTube, quite fascinating, but I love the hand stitching part of assembling a hexagon quilt.

jocondine said...

So many lovely projects, the fabric of the matching set is amazing and i love the idea of the button bag (could make one for DD2 who use to collect all the buttons she found in the streets of Paris). The cathedrale window is perfect, must be a challenge to sew. Amitiés. xxx

Claudette497 said...

Your sewing is beautiful - I never imagined hexagons could be combined in so many stunning ways!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I knew you would have some lovely projects to share with us.
I do like the Christmas Trees and that beautiful yoyo scarf too,

Leonore Winterer said...

Your sewing and quilting is really impressive! I need more sewing in my life - only where to find the time?!