Sunday, September 12, 2021

Sushi Afternoon

I haven't eaten out in ages and ages it seems.  I used to eat at this sushi place fairly often because I lived nearby, but after I moved and then the pandemic, I hadn't in quite a while.  When I was out walking I saw there were few cars parked near it and it was the middle of the afternoon, so I decided to go in.  There were some changes since I had last eaten here.  The Pepper Robot was gone. The selection was a little different. No alcohol is served (probably because of the state of emergency). I had the counter to myself and enjoyed a safe lunch. I miss these simple things.



7 comments:

diamondc said...

Pamela: I bet it feels good to be out and about.
I am not sure what you ate but it looks very raw.

Catherine

Queeniepatch said...

I haven't had a meal in a restaurant for ages either, and I feel very sorry for all in the catering business. They have lost so many customers because of this pandemic.
Good to find a slot in time when there were not many (any) other customers. I bet it was delicious!

Vireya said...

That sounds like it was a pleasant meal or afternoon snack. Too bad the robot is gone. I presume those plastic screens hanging down are new, too?

What are the clippy things on the backs of some of the chairs for? Is that for hanging a bag?

Anonymous said...

you went to a good time.Let's enjoy meals safely and securely.
I haven't gone out at all.I also miss the conveyer belt sushi restaurant.I wonder if I should find a good time.

The sushi in the photo looks like squid.Is it a hit? It looks delicious!

kiwikid said...

Very nice for you to be able to eat out again.

Jeanie said...

This looks SO good! I love sushi!

Leonore Winterer said...

We've ordered food quite some times since the lockdowns, but I can probably count the number of times we've eaten out in the last year on one hand!