Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Work In Progress Wednesday

The House Quilt is coming along.  I finished the braid border and put the tiny hexagons in the corners.  Next, I added a thin solid border with little feather squares in the corners. I don't have a good place to take a photo of it.  I put it up on my laundry pole.  You can't see the top border, but it is the same as the bottom border.




This was a quick stitch.  The chart is a freebie from The Drawn Thread.




My main project this week is the handquilting of the mystery quilt. I'm following the seams and I stitched an X in the middle of the big purple squares.





9 comments:

Vireya said...

So that's where the small hexie flowers went! They work well there - a nice way to handle those border corners.

diamondc said...

Pamela: Your quilts are lovely, the first one looks like you are very close to finishing.
Santa is adorable.
I am envious of quilters and you are hand stitching your, that is a true quilter.


Catherine

kiwikid said...

Your quilt is looking great, love the little hexies. The Santa is cute and your are going well with your hand quilting.

Anonymous said...

The doragonfly was placed at the corner
of fame of the house quilt,and the frame looks more elaborate.Is the house quilt complete?
“Mystery quilt handquilting”seem to a masterpiece.I'm looking forward to seeing the work process done hear and There.
And,The heartwarming Santa clous is cute.

crazyQstitcher said...

The braid border is super and the hexie's look so good on the corners.
Cute Santa. I like the tones of the mystery quilt

Queeniepatch said...

The House Quilt becomes more beautiful for every time I see it.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

The braided border is so beautiful. I love the green you've used around the houses too.

Julie Fukuda said...

After finishing a house quilt and a house table runner, I have begun thinking of calendar houses, one to represent each month, maybe a wall hanging. I really like the effect of that braided border. Thanks for the inspiration.

Leonore Winterer said...

You're really making progress on your quilts lately - both look great!