Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Little Toolie Tuesday

I really like Little Toolie Things - the "stitched" stitching accessories we all need.



 

This Longaberger Basket set was a one day Susan Greening Davis class I took in Raleigh, NC, USA. The needle pouch and scissors fob were part of the class.  I made up the pin keep and needle threader with leftovers from the kit.   





I think this needlekeeper is quite unique. It folds into a square and ties up with the ribbons.




We made pockets on the inside of the basket, with the names of the items stitched in cross stitch over one.






The basket is normally filled with all kinds of stitching necessities. It's easy to take along and holds quite a bit for being small. What are your favorite Little Toolie Things?

5 comments:

Lyn Warner said...

What an intriguing and different design for the needle case.

kiwikid said...

That is a wonderful toolie carrier, so many wonderful things inside.
My favourite things are bags with zips, so I can put in thread, scissors, needle keep and hexies. Very easy to carry.

Queeniepatch said...

Very charming! The basket seems to keep a lot of things and is handy to keep everything in it.
I have several ways to keep my Toolie Things in order. At home, they are kept in a box of cedar or the sewing chest my father made for my 40th birthday. Neither of these storage solutions is suitable for moving around, so when travelling I always repack my tools and project into either a flat box or a drawstring bag. I have several of the latter, one with a handkerchief butterfly on it!

Vireya said...

What a great set! That must have been a very busy one day class, even if you only got started on things.

Leonore Winterer said...

That's really cool! I got a little traveling set my friend Carla made up for me that I like to bring when traveling.