Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sugoi Yuki Desu

The snow has been coming down hard for the last 24 hours.  It is amazing that it can continue to snow so hard for so long.





The snow removal crews can’t keep up with it.





In Raleigh, I wouldn’t have gone anywhere if it was snowing like this.  Here, if you don’t go out when it’s snowing, you’d not get out for months.  Yesterday we decided to go to the big post office – I still wanted to get some aerogrammes so I could write some letters to my friends who don’t have internet and email. It was 17 degrees F, so I wore a long sleeved shirt, a turtleneck sweater, my down jacket and slick outer shell, inner pants and slick pants, and tall boots for the deep snow. I also had goggles and a scarf.  I felt like the little brother in the movie A Christmas Story.  If I fell down, I wouldn’t be able to get up.



It was a long walk and when we got to the post office, they only had three. There was another post office, a little further away, but we were already out, so we went ahead to find it.  We got a little lost, then got a ride from a woman who tried to give us directions.  At the second post office we bought 14 more aerogrammes. 

Ted - the year of the Dragon



Maybe today I’ll stay in and write letters - or maybe not.


No comments: