Thursday, September 5, 2013

Blackwork, Italian Style, with a Japanese Connection

One of the blogs I read is Italian Needlework.  I met the author, Jeanine in Canada, when we were both taking a four day Italian needlework class in San Francisco several years ago, and I have been reading her blog ever since.  She recently posted about Valentina Sardu of Ajisai Press, whose blackwork designs reflect a Japanese influence.  You can read the entire post and see pictures of her designs here. Her blackwork designs are amazing!

After reading about this, I pulled out a blackwork pattern book and before I knew it, I had started working on this little blackwork border pattern on a kitchen towel!

 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the interesting link to "Japanese style blackwork". I don't think I will ever be a huge fan of blackwork but I do admire what others do - and I love the acorns on your kitchen towel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful so far.
    I love blackwork, it is on my ToDo list

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the post, sending you good wishes and happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete