Friday, September 13, 2013

New Member

We are almost finished with our beaded perforated paper necklaces.  This week we had a new member join our group and she brought me this beautiful little carved flower soap.  She carved it herself!  Maybe she will give us a lesson on how to do it.  She showed us some photos of other soaps and vegetables she carved – works of art!

She and I made little pinkeeps (a one day project), while the others worked on their necklaces. Each of them has a little more to do, then we can start a new project next week. 


 
I didn’t work on mine in the group this week, but maybe I too will finish it on my own before the next get together.  Here’s what it looks like now.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

That carved soap reminds me of the Chinese ivory carvings I sometimes see on Antiques Roadshow. Beautiful.

Queeniepatch said...

I've never seen carved soap, but the photo reminds me of Thai fruit and vegetable carving. Very exotic and exquisite.
Love your lavender necklace.

Manuela said...

Wow, fantastic works.

Have a nice weekend, Manuela