Thursday, June 29, 2023

Another Tokyo Disney Price Increase


Tokyo Disney prices went up twice in 2021, and once in 2020. Beginning October 1, 2023, the variable ticket pricing for park tickets to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disneysea will be increasing again. Ticket prices vary depending on the day of the week, holidays, and other factors.




Tokyo Disney is not just for children.  I'm always surprised when I hear about groups of adult women who go to Disneyland or sea. I've never visited the Tokyo Disney Parks and have no plans to do so.  I'm rather frugal and don't especially like to be around crowds of people (less so since the pandemic). Expensive, crowded places just don't mean "the happiest place on earth" to me. 


What do you think about the price increases? Would the cost or the crowds deter you from visiting the parks?

4 comments:

diamondc said...

Hello Pamela: It is a shame what Disney corporation is doing with prices and other unethical things.
I bet Walt Disney is turning in his grave with what is going on in his beautiful park.

Catherine

Jeanie said...

Sometimes I think they do price increases because they can, not because they need to. And that applies to almost anything.

Queeniepatch said...

I have always found their prices high. When I went for the first time in 1985, after being urged by a friend visiting from abroad, I was pleasantly surprised. Disneyland was well-organised, and clean, with lots of greenery, and the staff were friendly and helpful. So at that time, I thought the price justified the quality.

Since then I have visited several times, but I must admit that my satisfaction has decreased with every visit. Now I find the prices far too high. To make full use of a one-day passport, you will want to stay all day, which means you need money for meals and maybe some souvenirs. These things are expensive, too. So it makes a day at Disneyland a costly experience.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, the prices are going up a lot! I'll have to check if Paris did that as well.