Saturday, June 3, 2023

The Rainy Season in Shizuoka

Tsuyu 梅雨  (rainy season) has officially begun where I live. The average dates for my area are June 8th to July 21st. It was early this year, beginning May 29th.  On top of that, Typhoon 2, which is at sea south of us, is also contributing to our rain situation.




I walk 40 minutes to work and 40 minutes home each weekday. This is what my morning commute looked like yesterday. It was even worse coming home.




Umbrellas are useless in this weather. I have proper rain gear, but I'm happier when I don't have to use it!

3 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

We got the worst of the storm yesterday afternoon when the wind and rain came sideways. Then after a short break in the evening, the night was WET! Now the sun is shining and everything looks as if there is no such thing as typhoons!
You are brave to face the elements on days like this.

Toki said...

I think it was quite difficult for you to come home from the office yesterday.
I hate rainy season. I don't like the rainy season in Japan because it is very humid.😝

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow! I hope you don't get drenched on your way into work.