Monday, June 5, 2023

Monday Morning Star Count - The Kitchen Set Continues

I am having a good time with my hexagons and have worked on them quite a bit this past week.  


I added hexagons to the potholders.



I added hexagons to two dish towels.



I added hexagons to two place mats.



The pot holders, dish towels, and placemats were premade items and purchased at Daiso for 100 yen each. 


The two rectangle pieces are for the top of the microwave and refrigerator. All of the pieces are connected.



I cut pieces for the backing and started making more hexagons for the flip edging.



If you look closely at the fabric, you see the print is forks, knives, and spoons, which I thought appropriate for kitchen items. It probably won't be noticed because it is the backing, but I will know it is there.



I'm rather pleased with my kitchen project progress this week.

6 comments:

diamondc said...

Hello Pamela: I like your Hexie potholders and towels, grand idea.
I like the two placemats for the microwave and the refrigerator, very creative.

Catherine

Queeniepatch said...

You will enjoy being in the kitchen, surrounded by these items. So much you will actually take up cooking?

Lin said...

Lovely ideas all - your kitchen will be very smart. xx

Toki said...

The area around the kitchen is unified with colorful hexagons, which is wonderful.
I also like the humor in choosing the fabric the back.😊

Jeanie said...

I don't remember seeing your kitchen set before -- I love it!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, your kitchen will look stunning!