Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Work In Progress Wednesday - Trying Out One Thread a Week

I have many unfinished projects, some that have been neglected for many years.  I recently read on Leonore's blog about her one thread a day challenge. I'm going to try out my own Summer One Thread A Week Challenge.  (At least one thread).  We'll see how it works out. 


The apple pin cushion



The House - I added more green grass.



Snow Days - I stitched the blue where the scissors are pointing.



The Scarf - I added pale pink feather stitch where the scissors are pointing.




Blackwork Sampler - I worked on the border.



Cross Stitch and Buttons - more buttons.



The Virgin Queen's Pocket - Betsy Morgan.  The scissors are pointing to the needle page where I stitched.




The Dogwood Afghan - white thread where the scissors are pointing.




Mt. Fuji Applique Pouch - I added the flower.



Mini-Nine Patch Quilt progress



Quiltwork (Ruth Dilts design) - I started this quite a while ago and maybe only posted about it once.  When I pulled it out, I discovered a counting mistake and had to take half of it out, so next week, I hope to have added at least one thread.





So far, so good.  We'll see how the next week goes.

5 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

It seems to be a great method for progress! You have done a lot of small moves forward. It is also interesting to see your various scissors and fobs. Good idea to use the tips of the scissors as indicators!

Toki said...

Everything seems to be going well.
One thread method you adopted in Leonore’s influence.
Do you mean that there is a rule to sew one row or one motif depending on the work?

mylene said...

Wow! Quite lots of projects there..goodluck🥰

kiwikid said...

Soon you will have made great progress with your pieces here.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, that's a great collection of projects to give some love to! Looking forward to seeing them all progress over the summer.