Monday, June 19, 2023

Monday Morning Star Count - Flip Edge How To

I like the look of the flip edge on my hexagon epp projects. The first step is to make an edge piece of the same size as the main top.



Next, the top is stitched to connect the edging. (Sorry for the bad picture.)



After it is connected all the way around, the paper hexagons need to be removed.






Next, the connected edging gets flipped to the backside.  I use a chop stick to poke out the points.



I pin the edging so it doesn't shift when I stitch.



I press it to make sure the edge is crisp. Next I will stitch the flipped edge to the backing fabric.



I'm working on attaching the edging on the bigger piece and will soon be flipping this edge also.



I like how this is coming along.

5 comments:

Lyn Warner said...

That looks like a lovely way to finish off a hexie quilt,

Toki said...

I see, I see. I think it's a very good way.😊

Vireya said...

Looks good!

Queeniepatch said...

Thanks for a great tutorial. It is easy to see how easy it is!

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a very neat way to add an edge!