Sunday, December 21, 2014

Leavin' On a Jet Plane

Ted and I are taking off later this morning for a holiday trip. We’ve had new snow this week in Hokkaido, so we are ready to get out of the snow for a bit. I’ve written posts that are scheduled to post each day we are away, then I’ll write about the trip after we return. 

I don’t know how much stitching time I’ll have while away, but I always think it’s better to have things that don’t get worked on than to have time and nothing to stitch.  Here are the projects I’m bringing along. Don't ask me why but I always think I need three things to work on when I'm away.

This huck weaving towel kit is a new project.  I made these two huck weaving towels, so I hope I remember how to do it.


I started this kogin bag back in June as part of that month's Needlequest challenge and haven't worked on it since. I have enough of the repeating pattern done that I don't have to bring the book.


This little Stitch and Zip doesn't take much thought or concentration so it's a good travel project. 

I'm also taking along my kanji book to practice.  It's not as much fun for me as stitching, but I really need to practice!
 

3 comments:

Manuela said...

Beautiful projects.
Have a wonderful holiday.
I wish you a Merry Christmas.

Greetings, Manuela

Queeniepatch said...

I think three is a good number of projects for a holiday; we need a bit of variation and the environment (light, seating and transport regulations) will vary during the trip.
I feel very happy that you have chosen huck embroidery, aka Swedish weaving!, and then the Japanese needle weaving style, Kogin. The teapot cross stitch is charming.
Have a wonderful holiday away from the snow!

Wendy said...

three fab projects! I love your Kogin bag and I'm interested to see the huck weaving, it's something I've never tried.