Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Heavenly Winds

One of my adult English students is a member of the Heavenly Winds Gospel Choir.  They held their annual concert at a large concert hall in Sapporo last weekend and my friend Alicia and I were excited about getting tickets to attend this sold out event.  The concert is hugely popular, despite a low percentage of the population here and the Choir members being Christian. The concert started at six o’clock, with the doors opening at five for general seating.  We arrived at ten before five and the line was already long.  We found seats in the third row! 

The concert and my student were fabulous.  My student was in the front row of the 120 member choir. She was happy I was able to attend, but I think I was happier to see and hear her.

Photos were not allowed in the concert hall, so I can’t show you how elegant she looked.

2 comments:

Beth in IL said...

Sounds like a great time.

Queeniepatch said...

Many schools, collages and universities in Japan are Mission schools and have choirs. When students graduate many stay in touch by becoming members of the Old Girls' Choir. They often have two concerts a year and the one near Christmas is always a popular event. I am often invited to such a concert and enjoy it thoroughly.