Saturday, December 13, 2014

Medical Update

I’m happy to report that I am still doing well.  I had bloodwork in mid-November and my CA-125 number had gone up, so the doctor ordered a CT scan for a week later.  When I came back for the report this week, she said the CT scan showed some fluid in my chest and abdomen and an adhesion, but no new cancer anywhere. I had a little piece of the thread used for stitches poking out of the incision, so she pulled the knot out and cut it off.  I thought it was all healed because the skin looked healed, but she said it will be some time before the “inside” is fully healed and the thread totally dissolved, even though the skin is healed. So anyway, I have another check-up in two months. I don’t know how long it takes before I’m declared cured, but I think I’m doing well.

3 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

I am so glad to hear your healing process is going forward. However, it takes a long time for the body to recover fully so take it easy. In Japan it is common that a cancer patient's condition is monitored for 5-10 years, so be prepared for more examinations. I think it is great that the medical system does not just drop you once you're out of hospital.
Please continue with your healthy habits and baby steps.
All the best,
Queenie

Unknown said...

I've been reading your blog for a few months now and it is so varied and interesting. As a bit of a novice to quilting and the like I love your projects too. So thank you for that pleasure you give! Good news that your health seems to be improving. Do take care - Catherine

Elizabeth Braun said...

Good! Glad to hear you're mending well.