Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Now I Know My ABC's

Finished!  I don’t have to unpick the date. 

 
I started this piece in May as part of the Needlequest challenge for that month. I used 28 count linen and used kreinik #4 leftover from other projects for the blackwork fillings.




 
I should know better than to stitch the date before I get close to the end.  I started this EGA correspondence course in 1997.  I put in all of the basting and finished the cross stitch, including the year.  I have yet to start the drawn thread part and it is now 17 years later!
 
 
I'm linking up with Sharon B's Pintangle.  Check out everyone else's WIPW projects.

13 comments:

sharonb said...

Congrats - it is really lovely - Are you going to do the drawn thread sampler?

Queeniepatch said...

Great work, Pamela! It is a lovely Blackwork sampler with so many patters to look at. It must feel great to finish before the end of the year, too.
The pulled work sampler's date is already so out of date that you can take your time, ha, ha. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on great finish! wonderful sampler indeed. the drawn thread sampler looks interesting too.

Blue Moth said...

Well done. it's lovely! And embrace the negative space in the drawn thread sampler, I love it as it is.

Manuela said...

Congratulation to this wonderful finish.
I'm looking forward to your Drawn Thread Sampler.

Greetings, Manuela

Thoeria said...

I knew you could do it Pamela!! It looks amazing! Will you finish the drawn thread one this year too? :D

Wendy said...

wow, you really did finish that quickly once you put your mind to it! it looks great. Is the drawn thread from 97 going to be your next project then?

D1-D2 said...

Congrats on making your deadline. It looks wonderful

Anna van Schurman said...

I knew you would make it! Congratulations on finishing this beautiful piece.

rosey175 said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I love all the different stitches but I think the P looks the prettiest (blue bias maybe :D).

Pamela said...

I'm going to do it sometime, maybe in 2015!

Pamela said...

Not this year, but maybe in 2015.

Pamela said...

I have a few other things to work on before I pick up the drawn thread piece, but I really think I might work on it in the new year.